At this year’s ASLA Conference on Landscape Architecture in San Francisco, SCAPE is participating in seven panels and one field session.
On Saturday morning, Kate is moderating the 2022 General Session, “The Blue-Green Connection,” with Dr. Ayana Elizabeth Johnson, discussing how landscape architects can build community around climate action—and why ocean justice needs to be part of that future.
2022 marks a particularly exciting year for SCAPE on the West Coast with our recent announcement of a new regional office in San Francisco. To our clients and collaborators across the U.S., we look forward to seeing you in person! For those unable to attend, follow us on Instagram and Twitter for updates.
Friday, November 11th
- The Other Tech: Forward-Thinking Approaches to Construction Documentation and Administration | 9 – 10:30 AM PT | Room 211-212 | John Donnelly (Technical Principal, SCAPE) alongside Tom Ryan (Ryan Associates) and Adam Moore (Montgomery Martin)
- Animal Agency in the Landscape | 1:30 – 3 PM PT | Room 207-208 | Gena Wirth (Design Principal, SCAPE) alongside Stacy Passmore (Superbloom) and Steven Handel (Rutgers)
- Mapping with Purpose! How and Why Maps Can Win Your Argument | 3:30 – 4:30 PM PT | Room 207-208 | Laura Marett (Director of Landscape Planning, SCAPE) alongside Briana Hensold (Agency) and Stephen Gray (Grayscale)
Saturday, November 12th
- 2022 General Session | The Blue-Green Connection: Water and Land in Climate Action | 8 – 9:30 AM PT | Esplanade Ballroom | Kate Orff (Founding Principal, SCAPE) moderates a keynote discussion with Dr. Ayana Elizabeth Johnson (Co-Founder, Urban Ocean Lab, Co-Editor, All We Can Save)
- Digging Dirt: Soils Design and Diagnosis from the Mississippi to the Bay | 3:45 – 5 PM PT | Room 201-202 | John Donnelly (Technical Principal, SCAPE) alongside John Swallow (Pine & Swallow) and Ted Hartsig (Olsson)
Sunday, November 13th
- Implementing Resilience: What You Need to Know About Permitting Nature-based Landscapes | 9 – 10 AM PT | Room 213-214 | Pippa Brashear (Resilience Principal, SCAPE) alongside Sandy Collins (AKRF) and Jill Sunahara (Environmental Science Associates)
- Scaling Practice: Creative Approaches to Growth Management, Profitability, and Office Culture | 3:45 – 5 PM PT | Room 203-204 | Alexis C. Landes (Managing Principal, SCAPE) alongside David Godshall (Terremoto) and Lisa Brothers (Nitsch Engineering)
Monday, November 14th
- Field Session | Walking Mission Bay: Open Space Resilience Along the Reimagined Southeastern Waterfront | 8:15 AM – 12:45 PM PT | Departing from Departure Area 2, Lobby Level South | Will DiBernardo (Design Director, SCAPE) and Kaleen Juarez (Associate, SCAPE) alongside Surfacedesign, AECOM, Field Operations, Sitelab, CMG, and David Beaupre
- Managing Stormwater with Green Infrastructure: Lessons from Practice and What’s Next | 9 – 10:30 AM PT | Room 205-206 | Pippa Brashear (Design Principal, SCAPE) alongside Eric Rothstein (eDesign Dynamics) and Andrea Parker (Gowanus Canal Conservancy)