At this year’s ASLA Conference on Landscape Architecture in Minneapolis, SCAPE is participating in six panels and one practice basecamp. From building living shorelines to writing landscape curricula, hear about all the ways SCAPE is innovating alongside our clients and collaborators.
For those unable to attend the conference in person, follow us on Instagram for updates.
Friday, October 27th
- Learning with the Land: A Case for Public Landscape Curricula | 1:30 – 3 PM CT | Room 101HIJ | Brad Howe (Design Director, SCAPE) alongside Ann M. Fraioli (Billion Oyster Project) and Jasmine Stokes (Memphis River Parks Partnership)
Saturday, October 28th
- Living Shorelines in Coastal Cities: Where & How to Build Them | 11 AM – 12:15 PM CT | Room 101DE | Pippa W. Brashear (Resilience Principal, SCAPE) alongside Eric Rothstein (eDesign Dynamics) and Domenica Stasiak (Indigo River)
- The Climate Action Plan + YOU: Field Guide in Action | 12:30 – 1:30 PM CT | Practice Basecamp (EXPO) | Laura Marett (Director of Landscape Planning, SCAPE) alongside Sarah Fitzgerald (SWA Group), Christopher R. Hardy (Sasaki), Deb Guenther (Mithun), Stephanie Grigsby (Design Workshop), and Keith Bowers (Biohabitats, Inc.)
- Visualizing Louisiana’s Coastal Future: Climate Communications & the 2023 Coastal Master Plan | 2 – 3:15 PM CT | Room 211CD | Despo Thoma (Senior Associate, SCAPE) alongside Simone T. Maloz (Restore the Mississippi River Delta) and Krista L. Jankowski (Louisiana Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority)
- How Green Infrastructure Captured the Heart of Lexington: Town Branch Commons | 3:45 – 5 PM CT | Auditorium 3 | Kate Orff (Founding Principal, SCAPE) alongside Jeff Fugate (University of Kentucky College of Design) and Patrick L. Henry (Gresham Smith)
Sunday, October 29th
- Avoid Lost in Translation: Communicating Complex Ecological Concepts in Landscape Architecture | 2 – 3:15 PM CT | Auditorium 3 | Pippa W. Brashear (Resilience Principal, SCAPE) alongside Tao Zhang (Sasaki) and Steven N. Handel (Rutgers University)
Monday, October 30th
- Soft Retreat: Balancing Risk, Recreation, and Resilience on the Island of Nantucket | 9 – 10:30 AM CT | Room 101FG | Gena Morgis (Senior Designer, SCAPE) alongside Jesse A. Bell (Nantucket Islands Land Bank) and Kirk Bosma (Woods Hole Group)